Saturday, August 20, 2016

Selling Summer

My children were marching around the house in a parade of discontent chanting, "We hate summer! We like school!" I am glad they like school so much, truly, but it was making me feel bad that I had somehow failed to make summer fun enough for them. I guess they had already forgotten the awesome trip to Ohio and all those swimming lessons and trips to the pool. Anyway, in an attempt to beat back the summer blues, (Is that a thing?), I busted out a secret weapon. The slip 'n slide.
I also got out a fancy snake sprinkler. They had hours of fun before a neighbor decided to get out his much fancier blow-up waterslide complete with pool. But hey, a couple of hours without discontent is a pretty big deal. Besides, it made for some great pictures. Thank you slip 'n slide.






No comments:

Post a Comment