Monday, August 8, 2016

Kindergarten Here He Comes

We get to take all of the boys to their school tomorrow to find out their teachers, pay for school supplies and fill out all of that glorious beginning of the year paperwork. I can't believe that Benjamin will be starting kindergarten in less than three weeks. I think he's ready, but I'm not sure if they're ready for him. His sweet teacher has already survived a year of Elijah and a year of David John so she should be up for it even though Benjamin is definitely his own person. He's silly and smart and often in his own world. Let's play a game. How would you respond to these Benjamin quotes if you were his teacher?


"Mommy has more hair than a bald man...... a lot more."

"A snail is faster than a human riding toothpaste."

After helping start the laundry and adding the detergent: "I gave the laundry the right kind of sugar."

"Wind is just the sun farting."

"What's infinity plus infinity?"
"Infinity."
"No, it's infinity AND beyond!"

That last one, I thought, was hilarious and clever. Hopefully he's got more of those to impress the staff at school. I think it's going to be a challenge to get him ready and out the door on time. He gets a little distracted when getting dressed and sometimes he's a little too creative with solving problems.
I'm not sure what to call this look, the caveman?
At least the color schemes match, right?
 Yeah, that's a shirt covering his bottom half. When I asked him about it he just shrugged and said, "I couldn't find any shorts." No big deal Mom, I'm just going to spend the whole day hiking up these makeshift pantaloons instead of looking in the clean laundry for some real shorts. This is easier, really.

Remind me to do a clothes check each morning before he leaves. I wonder if the school would send him home if he showed up like that. I'm sure we'll find out at some point during the year. Ready or not kindergarten, here he comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment