Saturday, November 19, 2016

Oh Tobias

Tobias is three. That makes him a character, and it means that he says things incorrectly in an adorable way. Here are some words and pictures from our youngest.

First day of preschool. Don't worry, he finished the sucker before class started.



Said while brandishing a sword, "Prepare to die... my mustache!"

Tobias likes snake and zucchi. Aka steak and zucchini.

He packed these "emergency kits" to take in the car with him. Clearly, what you need most in an emergency is a piece of popcorn and some rubberbands.

Tobias enjoys putting things in the "freezerator".

Said when his eyes were feeling itchy, "I want new eyeballs!"

Is it just me, or is this adorable horse he made at preschool rolling it's eye at me?

About Star Wars, "I like the clown troopers."

"Can I watch the dandelion show?" Took me a while to figure out that means Daniel the Tiger.

Who doesn't want a construction hat and BB8 apron when helping with dinner?

Tobias was distraught about switching to shorts at the beginning of the summer. He called them "pretend pants" because clearly they weren't real pants. They were underwear pretending to be pants. But he wasn't fooled. No way was he going to wear those things.

I always know Tobias has been somewhere when a find a banana peel that's been ground into the carpet. Really good. And left there for a long time. Maybe days.

If I put this over my face, no one can see me.

Tobias throws a lot of tantrums. Here are a few reasons he might have a melt down: 1. He is fine and he doesn't want to be fine. 2. The three section plastic plate has an empty section. That's unacceptable. 3. He can't decide what he wants to have for a snack and he doesn't want help or suggestions. 4. The eggs that he finally decided to have for a snack are taking too long to boil and mommy won't change the laws of physics in order to speed the process along.

Tobias and his brothers sometimes play Plants vs. Zombies on the computer. One of the plants is a coffee bean which Tobias has renamed the "Wakey Wakey Bean".  I don't drink coffee, but if there was a brand of coffee called "Wakey Wakey Bean" I might start. I am trademarking that name right now. We are totes opening up a coffee shop with his college fund.

Tobias loves to "play Boggle" by getting out a piece of paper and copying down the letters he sees on the board. Definitely our child. Who does that?

Said while making mysterious noises in his room, "I'm not building something not dangerous!"

Said while pondering what to have for a snack, "Mom, I wish God would give me Poptarts."

He's still not a great eater, but he's very creative. Behold, a torch made from cheese and veggie straws.
When hit with a surprise tackle from a brother, "He's attackling me!"

Said in response to me telling him that "turquoise" was a big color word for a three-year-old, "Yes. It is. I am extremely smart." And humble. Don't forget humble. Oh Tobias.

No comments:

Post a Comment