Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Skulptur

Germany wasn't just full of beautiful things, but also some things that were a little odd. The various sculptures perched on top of buildings or lurking under benches just cracked me up. Not all of them were intentionally funny, but when I imagined what some of those very serious statues were saying they were funny too. Really witty those guys.
"Curses. I hate it when my hand comes off with my glove."

"It matters not that my sword has no blade when my beard is so beautifully groomed."

Those creepy little guys (are they gnomes?) surprised me when I was sitting on this bench.

Good thing I wasn't wearing a skirt.

"Hey! Where do think you're going? I am not holding this thing up by myself."

I'm not sure if these cherubs are wrestling the eagle to the ground or just engaging in a group hug. Either way, it's kind of awesome.

For some reason this guy reminded me of the wish dragon on Neverending Story. I think he's supposed to look fierce but he just looks like he wants to tell you a long, boring, um, you know, story.

These four look like they each got a Christmas gift. Three of them seem pensive, like they are admiring what they are holding but this poor guy on the right is like, "Seriously? A doll house?"

I didn't get this one at first, probably because I was distracted by the idea that those huge fingers might grab my foot and trip me. I found it ironic that the threatening digits turned out to be making the sign for peace.

"My squirrel-tiger hybrid is totally going to outrun your squirrel-tiger hybrid in our squirrel-tiger surfing race."

I don't think this spitting dogfish is saying anything, but he's cute and funny anyway.

I took this picture mostly for the boys. But really, who can resist a spitting Grandma and a baby driving a car? Tobias wishes he was that baby. And I bet the boys wish their grandmas could spit that far. Are you reading this Grandma? Oma? You've got some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment