Monday, June 1, 2015

Munchen

After the Kunst Museum we hit downtown Munich for dinner at the Hard Rock cafe and some after-dinner entertainment in the form of some hilarious and talented street performers. Their band is Konnexion Balkon. You can download some of their music for free. The architecture was also so interesting and beautiful. I loved Munich which, for the record, is called Munchen in Germany. Why do we call it Munich? I blame the Wizard of Oz. Munchen makes me think of small people with lollipops.


Downtown Munchen
This is Freddy Mercury's jumpsuit at the Hard Rock Cafe. I recognized it from across the room. I'm not sure if knowing that much about Queen is cool or not, but I felt cool.
This one is for my boys. Yes boys, this guitar played Boris the Spider. Yes it is awesome.
This Gothic revival beauty is New Town Hall.

Take that crazy dragon gargoyle.

This very old tower is on the corner next to very modern buildings. It is called Lion Tower and is the only remaining part of the city wall built in the 12th century.
I totally climbed it in order to escape the Polizei. They'd been following me ever since we tried to force our way through the barricade in front of the Mercedes Benz museum. Luckily, I was saved by lollipop wielding Munchens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment