Friday, June 17, 2016

AF Museum

Grandpa Aday and Uncle Sam share a love of the air force museum so we went for a visit with Benjamin, Gabriel and Tobias in tow. Unfortunately, we got separated (read I got lost after Tobias wanted to get a drink at the water fountain) so I pretty much only have pictures of Tobias. The air force museum is huge and fascinating and exhausting for little people. I learn something new every time I go. Here are a few illustrative pictures from our visit.


Apparently the stress of following the rules of not touching and not running and not going under the railings has caused one child to become a zombie and the other to take a nap.

Oh! So glad you are arisen from the dead and from your nap respectively.

There is a blessed hands-on area which includes this fun spacesuit photo opportunity. After I took this picture, Tobias decided he really wanted to take a picture of me.

He got the money shot on the first try... except I wasn't quite in position yet.

So he tried again once my head was in the helmet.

And again. I think we might be getting further from the goal here.

Thankfully, some kind-hearted adult saw his distress and offered to help at which point Tobias decided to photobomb the very picture he was trying to take. I love that it looks like I'm patting his head while standing on the moon.

The aviation hall of fame is housed in the educational hands-on area. I had to take a picture of Amelia's plaque. I have always had a fascination and love of Amelia Earhart. She was one fearless lady. I hope to be so brave in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment