Sunday, July 26, 2015

Deadwood

Did I mention that while in South Dakota we were staying in a little town called Deadwood? That's where Marc's conference was. A lot of people like Deadwood. I'm sure it is cool, but on this trip I was not impressed. There is a trolley system which sounded like a great idea and the boys were excited to ride the trolley and see the town. Unfortunately, the trolley was running extremely late.... like an hour late. This is what happened while we were sitting on the curb waiting:
We got some looks, but they weren't fighting or destroying property so I was all for it. After 45 minutes of waiting, we gave up. The rock wall was finished as was our patience. I tried to talk the boys into letting me drive them somewhere like the historic graveyard where the likes of Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane are buried. The answer was "no". They had their little hearts set on the trolley and then Elijah said, "Are you crazy? A cemetery? Where there are dead people? I am NOT going in there." Maybe they've watched a little too much Scooby Doo, which is what we ended up doing until Marc finished his meetings so we could go to Rushmore. I was so frustrated. You are dead to me Deadwood. But at least you have nice rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment