Sunday, July 30, 2017

Utah

We spent a lovely week in Utah this month which included a family reunion for the Stephen and Shirley Ricks clan. I also got to see three of my dearest friends from Cleveland for two wonderful days. I'm not sure how I got so lucky with my inlaws but Marc's family is just fantastic. I love these people and wish we could see them more often. Here are some random pictures from our time in Utah and, of course, there will be one or two more posts with pictures from our adventures.

You have to love the family reunion t-shirts made designed by Lora. They are super Ricks-y. 

We had a private chocolate and balsamic vinegar tasting at my friend's house. It was amazing. I came away with a much greater appreciation for dark chocolates and had my mind blown by the balsamic vinegars. Now we want to do the incredibly ridiculous and nichey thing of touring the great balsamic vinegar houses of Italy. Goals.


At the family gathering in the park, Elijah and David John ran off with my phone and took a million pictures. I have included the ones that turned out in this post. Many were blurry or had fingers covering the lens but I really like some of the shots they got.








Did you notice my t-rex earrings and necklace?

We went to a cool park with this awesome climbing structure. Unfortunately, it was super hot so we didn't stay very long.





We also went to a cool aquarium. Kaleb was our expert guide.



This is a binturong aka bearcat. It is my new favorite animal. It smells like popcorn!

The expression on this leopard's face says, "Please just go away."

Swimming with the cousins was another big favorite during our trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment