Sunday, December 13, 2015

In the Holiday Spirit

Oh, yes. My boys have the spirit of giving in spades this year. These industrious little souls have been might busy making gifts for each other and wrapping them and putting them under the tree. I know that this sounds beautiful and idyllic. The problem is, their giving is turning me into a grinch. You see, while there are some genuinely thoughtful gifts under there, primarily they are cleaning out their rooms and then wrapping up anything that they no longer want. The wrapping has gotten very creative and uses large quantities of tape. The more gratuitous the box, the better. After all the best things come in very very large packages, right? It was cute at first, but now I've developed an eye twitch that starts whenever I see a child carrying yet another... something to put under the tree. It looks like this:



I have yet to wrap a single thing. This is entirely little-boy-generated. I'm not sure if the presents are going to actually fit under the tree when I do wrap them. That is, if I can find any tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment