Saturday, December 12, 2015

In Fishy Color

For some reason, when I served Benjamin and Tobias goldfish crackers the other day they were less than exuberant. This was odd because the LOVE goldfish. It turns out that Benjamin had recently had the pretty rainbow colored goldfish crackers at preschool and now our plain old, well, gold ones weren't cool enough. I apologized for my lack of rainbow fish and Benjamin surprised me by telling me not to worry about it. It would be fine. I should have known something was off but I chose to walk out of the room for a few minutes anyway. When I came back, I found these.

They were very proud of themselves. They were coloring and eating! their very own rainbow fish. Those colored toothy wax-covered smiles told the whole story. I didn't want to rain on their parade so I just told them they could only color three more each and then we put the crayons away. At least the crayons were non-toxic. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment