Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Great Bison Hunt

We wanted Gina and Evie to have the full North Dakota experience so, of course, we took them hiking in the Badlands. We stopped at the awesome playground in Medora first. Gina was really hoping to see a bison in the wild. Usually, that's not a problem but sometimes wild things don't cooperate.

We didn't see a whole lot of wildlife on our drive into the national park or on our hike but we decided to stop at a picnic area near the river for lunch. The whole herd of bison was there which was both exhilarating and a little terrifying. Every time I see these guys up close I am awestruck. It makes me feel like I am living in the wild west or that I've traveled back in time to a prairie that hasn't been touched by people. I'm now going to post fifteen pictures of our trip. If you are sick of my Badlands scenery pics, let me assure you that most of them include people.















No comments:

Post a Comment