Sunday, October 30, 2016

Pumpkins

Despite the harrowing time at Papa's Pumpkin Patch, I still  let each of the boys choose a gourd and a pumpkin to bring home. I think the ladies at the register take pity on me when we check out with two wagons full of pumpkins and gourds and a train of antsy little boys. I think they never charge me full price. They are supposed to measure each item to determine how much it costs but they just guess to get us out of there quickly. Bless them.
Aren't they pretty? 



We carved the pumpkins yesterday, but first I tortured all of them by forcing them to pose with their pumpkin for a picture. None of them wore shoes. I have special kids.





Here are the "after" pictures of their pumpkins. I love the warm glow of jack-o-lanterns and when the designs are unique it's even better.
Gabriel carved his own this year. He did a great job. I think he kind of looks like the Kool-Aid man.

Hmm, an elephant for a nose and the phrase "elephants rule".... I'm just not sure whose pumpkin this is. Elijah? Maybe?

David John drew designs on the front and back. I think this one looks Mayan.

This is David John's second face. I love the evil beard on this guy.

Benjamin's design wrapped around his pumpkin so it's hard to get it in one shot. This is a giant...

...and this is a man running away from the giant. There's also a sun in the sky above the man. 

Last but not least, Tobias' pumpkin. His was pretty creepy this year. It looks like a hanging tree and then there's a spooky little man on the bottom with a big hole in his head? I didn't ask too many questions. I'll just give this picture to his therapist to analyze someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment