Monday, July 18, 2016

A Muppet of a Man

I recently got to spend a little time with just Gabe in the car. I can't even remember what the occasion was, but I really enjoy those one on one times.
Gabriel is a great kid. He's sometimes super silly and has been talking in crazy accents. He thinks that he's sounding Irish or Russian or French but somehow we're never quite able to guess what he's going for. He doesn't get discouraged.
One of the most delightful things about spending time with Gabriel is his laugh. If you can get him to laugh so hard that he almost can't breathe he sounds just like a muppet. I love it.
Anyway, on our car ride we were singing different random songs. His taste in music right now is pretty much Weird Al and ABBA, but for some reason I started singing "The Sign" by Ace of Base. Gabe liked the tune, but was confused about the lyrics.
"I thought you weren't supposed to look at the sun."
"No, it says 'I saw the sign' not 'I saw the sun'."
"Oh, okay."
"But we can make a version about looking at the sun."
I then proceeded to sing, "I saw the sun and I opened my eyes and now I'm blind. Life is concerning when your retinas are burning."
I was rewarded with the muppet laugh. Apparently that was the funniest thing, like, ever. We sang it over and over until we were both laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe. Oh man, I love that kid and his muppet laugh.
Gabriel thinks I should sell the song to a sunglasses company. I just might. He also thinks I should try and market my Gollum version of jingle bells that I made up for him at Chirstmas time.

"Jingle bells, hobbit steals my precious golden ring.
Once I was a halfling but I'm now an ugly thing. Hey!"

It's nice to have a kid who will laugh at your terrible puns and paraodies. Thank you my little muppet of a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment