Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Picture This

Gabriel recently drew this picture for Marc and me which he said is a picture of us on our honeymoon.

This just cracks me up because I don't think he has any idea what the connotations of the word "honeymoon" are. I'm guessing he thinks it has something to do with the actual moon which is why the moon dominates the picture. You can even see the craters. There are also some very random details like a bird that has an invisible body but visible legs. However, there are some things which are closer to the truth than he probably intended. There seems to be an odd lack of clothing. And there's a shower. There are even speech bubbles for the guy in the shower.
"Sorry to disturb you. My bad."
"Did you know there was a shower out here?"

It was enough to make these two immature adults giggle a little.

1 comment:

  1. Epic. I am going to have to catch up on all your posts, but this caught my eye as I was explaining a "honeymoon" to Cassius just yesterday while reading the Bernstein Bears and the Week at Grandma's when Mama and Papa go on a second honeymoon. I tried to explain it to Cassius, but he just said, "That doesn't make any sense," which is sadly and frustratingly one of his favorite phrases right now. I just explain and explain and explain things and then sometimes I just have to stop since we are both frustrated.

    ReplyDelete