Thursday, August 27, 2015

Boy Talk

I can't get enough of what my boys say sometimes. Here are some of the best quotes from the last few months.

Said to a babysitter when she rang the doorbell: "Um, you are a little bit early and we are eating dinner. Can you just play outside for a few minutes until we are ready for you?"
The poor babysitter was standing on the porch frozen, unsure if she really wasn't allowed to come in when I came to rescue her.

We read Matthew 28:3 for scriptures one night. Part of that scripture says, "His countenance was like lightning..." I asked the boys what they thought that meant. "It means his face can kill zombies." Oh, good. Let's hope the second coming happens BEFORE the zombie apocalypse.

Said when a little boy got out of bed to come get a cup of water. "I think I need more water because I'm pretty drinky."

My Mom was visiting in May and was trying to help out by picking up Benjamin from preschool. She came back to the house pretty soon frustrated and embarrassed because she got turned around. So, I went to grab Benjamin while my mom stayed home with a napping Tobias. Benjamin was confused when I picked him because he was expecting Grandma and asked me what happened to her.
"Grandma got lost."
"So, where is she?"
"She's at the house."
"Oh good, you found her then."

One of the boys asked me to buy some cherries when I went grocery shopping. I came home with a few pounds of cherries. I thought he would be excited but when he saw the bag he said, "Oh, I meant like two cherries."

We had a conversation about the phrase "green thumb" when we were working on our garden. I had explained that I did not have a green thumb so I was worried our garden might not grow. In fact, I told them I thought I had a black thumb. Later, I'm not sure who said what, I heard this conversation behind me while I was driving.
"Okay, so a green thumb means you can grow things and a black thumb means that you make things die."
"What does a red thumb mean then?"
"That you hit it with a hammer."
I laughed so hard. They could write a corny joke book.

David John was being especially crazy one day and was trying to climb out of the van window as we were pulling into the garage. Gabriel grabbed his leg and said, "You are such a European!" He wasn't sure what European meant but somehow he thought it implied something along the lines of crazy. Maybe he's picking up on some conservative politics?

No comments:

Post a Comment