Monday, January 5, 2015

A Poet and He Knows It

Gabriel enjoys writing poems. After Christmas, he made me a very cute book with three poems in it. It is too cute not to share. The cover reads:

By Gabe                To Mom
Three
Poems
For Mom

Cooking
Bed
Dinner

Each poem is then written on its own page with its own illustration.

Cooking
I lover her cooking
It smells so good to me
When I smell it
It smells like victory

Oh yeah, my cooking is just that good. Victory!

Bed
I love when it's time for bed
She gives me a hug
And kisses my head
And thats why I like 
When its time for bed

This one made go "awww". Warm fuzzies for sure.

Dinner
I love her dinners
She loves them too
All I have to say is
I Love You

Also sweet, although I'm starting to worry he has a food obsession. I was feeling pretty good about myself until I saw the book Gabe was making for Marc. The cover of Marc's book listed six poems titled:
Popcorn
Work
Loving
Great
Perfect
Wonderful

It reads like a verse from Isaiah about the Prince of Peace. Good grief. I think this kid loves his dad. Just a little. I'm trying not to have an inferiority complex. I'm going to go read that poem about my cooking tasting like victory again.

No comments:

Post a Comment