Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Expressions

Easter this year was pretty delightful. I'm always a sucker for dyeing eggs. There is just something so satisfying about those brilliant colors. The boys were big into the rubber band technique this year and we even had three minion egg wraps, whose pure awesomeness almost melted their minds.



The Easter Bunny left shiny new buckets for the boys in the morning with bubbles, kiddie gardening tools and Beatrix Potter books in them. We waited until after church for the Easter egg hunt so they had their cute Sunday outfits on still. I thought we'd get some adorable pictures, but mostly we got a wide variety of interesting facial expressions.
"I look down on all you lesser mortals who don't have as many jellybeans as I do."

"Cheese!"

"Super Egg-Hunter Away!"

"Am I in trouble? This one is for me, right?"

"What the?!?!"

"I hope my careful hand placement is drawing your attention to my very stylish robot bucket."

"This is serious business. The key is to keep your eye on the eggs. Don't look away, even if your mom approaches you with a camera."

Tobias: "Now, where did that egg go? I just had one..."
Benjamin: "I must move super slow so that Tobias doesn't notice me putting his egg in my bucket."

"What could be better than an orange Easter-egg filled with candy? Two!"

In the late afternoon, there was an Easter dinner potluck at a local park. This was genius! Weather permitting, I want to do this every year! There was a ton of good food, the kids played at the park and we enjoyed being with good friends since we couldn't be with out extended families.

What made Easter even sweeter this year is that David John finally seemed to "get it" for the first time. He connected the resurrection story with the holiday. For days after Easter Sunday, we were receiving e-mails from the Easter Bunny which David John then printed (read printed-by-hand and then laid on the actual printer) about the importance of Easter and that it is not just about Easter eggs, but also about Jesus. I loved hearing him teach this lesson over and over to little brothers but also friends and strangers throughout the week. Is there any better expression of Easter than the faith of a little child?

No comments:

Post a Comment