Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween 2013

So, I thought I would spread out the Halloween fun by posting this two days late. It has nothing to do with me being too exhausted Halloween night and too frazzled yesterday to post this... nothing at all.
Our Halloween fun started on Wednesday. It was Tobias' first Halloween so we took our traditional baby pumpkin pictures. He was not a fan, but we still got a few cute ones.



Then it was time to carve those giant pumpkins. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although the skins were so thick that carving the details was a little rough. Gabriel complained that I didn't carve his design perfectly. Sorry, kid. It also took quite a while to clean those giant pumpkins out. They were sitting on the floor on newspapers while I scooped and scraped. At one point, I picked up my hand to find that the word "Help" had been stamped on it. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something? I need help?
Here are before and afters of all the pumpkins and pumpkin masters.






A note about David John's: there are three gravestones on the top, a boat on the bottom and a small spooky face off to the side. We aren't sure what the boat has to do with Halloween. Maybe it ferries people across the river Styx?





We had bat-shaped pancakes for dinner that night. David John was very excited about this. He had been requesting "mixed-up meal day" for a while. So we had lunch for breakfast (pbjs and applesauce), dinner for lunch (corndogs, salad and fruit) and breakfast for dinner (pancakes). The boys were even impressed with my bats which made me happy.

Finally, here are pictures from Halloween night of all our boys in their Star Wars gear. That's Elijah as Darth Vader, Gabriel as Captain Rex, David John as Anakin, Benjamin as Yoda, and Tobias as an Ewok.

In case you are wondering, yes those light sabers were a very big mistake. We have already had a number of light-saber related injuries in less than 48 hours. If I could do it over, I'd go with cardboard cutouts.


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment